- brown paper-lunch bag
- construction paper in various colours
- markers or crayons
- white cardstock or a white index card
- glue or a glue stick
- string (optional)
- Lay the paper down with the folded part facing up. The bottom will be the face, the crease the mouth, and the body of the bag will be its body.
- Cut a mouth out of red or pink construction paper, and glue under the flap (you’ll open the bottom of the bag to lie flat in the opposite direction). Then fold the flap back down.
- Cut clothes out of construction paper in your favourite colours and glue onto your bag, or colour the bag if you’d rather. Don’t forget to put team name or player’s name on the jersey!
- Cut eyes out of construction paper, draw in pupils, and glue onto the bottom of the bag (the face).
- Draw in a nose and any other important facial features, i.e. freckles, beauty marks, etc.
- Add ears cut out of construction paper and hair from more construction paper or made from cut lengths of string.
- Using the white card stock or index card, cut out a circle, about 6-7cm in diameter. Draw soccer-ball pattern on it, and glue to the front where the foot or hands would be.
- Allow the glue to dry and then have fun playing with your soccer puppet!