Let’s be honest, it can be a real challenge to stay motivated when you’re out on the field every day, day in and day out, working hard and pushing through. Sometimes all we need is a bit of motivation, and we can find that motivation with some insights from people who know.
Here are sixteen amazing quotes that will help you feel ready to hit the field and make it happen, as well as giving you some incredible perspective into the sport.
- “Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do” – Pelé
- “The most difficult thing about an easy match is to make a weak opponent play bad football.” – Johan Cruijff
- “Behind every kick of the ball there has to be a thought.” – Dennis Bergkamp
- “In football, the worst blindness is only seeing the ball.” – Nelson Falcão Rodrigues
- “I won’t say we have to win. I won’t put that pressure. But we can’t lose.” – José Mourinho
- “I always had a ball on my feet.” – Ronaldo
- “International football is the continuation of war by other means.” – George Orwell
- “If you’re attacking, you don’t get as tired as when you’re chasing”. – Kyle Rote, Jr.
- “I don’t believe skill was, or ever will be, the result of coaches. It is a result of a love affair between the child and the ball.” – Roy Maurice Keane
- “Soccer is simple, but it is difficult to play simple.” – Johan Cruijff
- “The ball is round, the game lasts ninety minutes, and everything else is just theory.” – Josef “Sepp” Herberger
- “Every disadvantage has its advantage.” – Johan Cruijff
- “Sometimes in football you have to score goals.” – Thierry Henry
- “Football is the ballet of the masses.” – Dmitri Dmitriyevich Shostakovich
- “You can’t score a goal if you don’t take a shot.” – Johan Cruijff
- “Enthusiasm is everything. It must be taut and vibrating like a guitar string.” – Pele
Find a quote that really motivates you, and put it where you can see it! Whether it’s written on the outside of a notebook or used as the screen image on your smartphone. For kids, try attaching it to a tag on their soccer back so that they see it every time they practise, or even go a little crazy and write it on the side of one of their shoes. The point is to use these quotes to motivate you, not just right now but as you move forward through life.
[Image Credit: Shutterstock]