Utilising your CCS Funding
Did You Know
Did you know that your families can use their Child Care Subsidy (CCS) to cover the cost of a Ginger Sport session through your Childcare centre.
As an approved childcare provider you may include the cost of the Ginger Sport program into your daily fee for families who attend on the day the Ginger Sport session runs.
That total fee can then be subject to the CCS assessment.
5 STEPS TO UTLISE THE CCS
1. Book a Ginger Sport Fun Soccer Book a Coach session for your Centre
- Sessions must be a minimum of 30 minutes
- Each 30 minute session can accommodate up to 14 children
- If you have more than 14 children you must run multiple sessions
- In the case of multiple sessions there will be a 5 minute change over period added between sessions. For example two 30 minute sessions will be charged as 65 minutes
- You can book sessions for a term (10 weeks), a half year (for example term 2 and 3) or for the remainder of the year. You can choose to run during school holidays or to pause during the holiday. We will work with you to plan a program that suits you best
2. Confirm your pricing inclusive of the Ginger Sport Fun Soccer sessions
- You can choose the price you will charge your families for the Ginger Sport Fun Soccer session.
- Update your fee schedule, website and any other material that includes your pricing
- At the standard cost of a Childcare Fun Soccer session, a centre will need 8 children per single 30 minute booking or 6 children per session for a 1 hour booking, to cover the cost of the total booking
- NOTE: The cost of any extra provisions, such as sporting activities, supplied as part of your hourly session fee may not be CCS eligible as a result of increasing the hourly session fee over the CCS hourly rate cap
3. Update your Complying Written Arrangement (CWA)
- The CWA your families agree to must be updated to show the relevant fee they will be paying – inclusive or exclusive of the Ginger Sport program
- There is no change to your current processes for managing CCS eligible families
4. Tell your families they can use their CCS subsidy to cover the cost of Ginger Sport
- Let your families know that they now have a subsidised option for their children to participate in Ginger Sport Fun Soccer sessions at childcare
- We can support you in providing marketing material for you to use either in centre or via your digital communications
5. Have the kids enjoy a Ginger Sport Fun Soccer session!
Contact us on:
1800 GINGER (1800 446 437)
Mon – Fri 7am – 4pm
Sat 7am – 11am