join the best team in town!
When you work as a Ginger Sport coach, it’s not just a job.
- Multiple locations across South East Queensland.
- A typical day involves visiting multiple child care centres to coach different groups.
- No day is the same.
- Rewarding work, making kids smile.
- We have a super supportive Coach Success Team and Management Team who support you with sessions and events on a daily and weekly basis.
- Our team are always a phone call away, if you need help, support, guidance, or just can’t remember how to do something.
- You will join our Team Facebook group where we share laughs, messages and stories from our sessions.
- You will be joining a team of approx. 25-30 coaches who are the best team in the world, we love them and what they do!
- We love our team culture, however we leave the judgement on that up to our team.
- We have a 52-week program of games, activities and themes, all aligned with the national quality framework.
- We have a weekly online meeting where we interact and support each other.
- We have internal workshops where you can further enhance your learning.
- Our coaches get together in person on a quaretely basis, to have some fun, and share knowledge.
- You’ll get paid to work outside, exercise, and entertain little kids.
- You’ll be delivering fun sessions that follow the Ginger Sport 6 Es! Exciting, Energetic, Engaging, Enthusiastic, Entertaining, and Enjoyable.
- You don’t need to be a qualified coach, but amazing with kids is a must. We will teach you the rest.
- Your journey with us is just as important as the kids journey, and we care about your success and happiness.
Previous experience working with children will be well regarded, and your ability to engage children is essential.
Casual roles available as well as part-time.
We respond to every applicant.
Stage 1 – Once you submit your application online, we will invite you to an online interview, which will take approx. 15-minutes. This is your opportunity to ask any questions, as well as answer some of ours.
Stage 2 – An in-person relaxed and fun coaching session with a bunch of excited kids. At this session you will meet our CEO and/or Coaching Manager who will greet you with smiles and put you at ease (we understand you might be nervous).
If you’re still not sure, and want to discuss our roles, please call us on 1800 GINGER, and ask for our Coaching Manager, who will talk you through what you want to know before applying.
You must have a Blue Card (for working with children and young people in Qld). If you don’t already have one, you will need to apply for a Blue Card before you can do your practical application session should you move successfully to that stage.
You will need a Qld Driver License & access to your own vehicle at all times.
All paying $30 – $34 per hour (no that’s not a misprint)!
THINK YOU FIT? APPLY NOW
Just like you will make a difference to every child you coach, we want to be a positive influence on your life.
You have access to ongoing support and mentoring via our network of senior coaches whenever you need them.
We take fun seriously with social and personal development events.
You won’t be left wondering what happened to your application. You’ll receive confirmation of your progress.
Step 1: Apply online using our brief questionnaire.
Step 2: Selected applicants attend an interview.
(If you don’t have a Blue Card, apply now.)
Step 3: Progressed applicants complete an employment questionnaire and run a practical application session. If you don’t have a Blue Card, apply now, as you will need it when you run the practical session.
Step 4: Offer of employment to successful applicants.
Step 5: Induction
Step 6: Training
The Queensland Government has a No Card, No Start policy.
This means that you can’t work with children in Queensland unless you have a valid Queensland Blue Card.
If you progress to Step 3, where we get you to run a session, by law you have to have a Blue Card.
We recommend that you apply for your blue card after your interview. Just indicate on the Blue Card application form that you are a jobseeker.
We employ coaches across South East Queensland.
At present, we are actively recruiting for coaches to work across Brisbane, Moreton Bay, Toowoomba, Lockyer Valley, Logan, Ipswich, Gold Coast/Tweed, and Sunshine Coast.