Ginger Sport takes the health and safety of players, coaches, spectators, and centre staff seriously.
Managing the risk of exposure to COVID is everyone’s responsibility, and we are following government plans, as well as those guidelines and directions in place at the centres we work with.
In order to manage risk, and keep everyone involved with Ginger Sport safe, this plan outlines how we have implemented the public-health measures mandated and recommended by:
- Queensland Health
- Australian Government
- Department of Health
- Queensland Government’s Outdoor Sports Industry COVID-safe plan; and
Australian Coaching Council
In this Ginger Sport COVID-safe Plan, we cover:
- service delivery
- hygiene and cleaning
- monitoring; and
- additional measures
Ginger Sport is operating under the guidance of, and in compliance with, directives from the
following industry sources.
Compliance Updates from April 1st
From 12pm midday AEST Thursday 1 April 2021 to 15 April 2021, the entire state of Queensland will be subject to the below restrictions. Available to be viewed online at Restriction for Queensland (No. 2)
- You can leave your home for any purpose.
- A maximum of 500 people may gather in public outdoor spaces.
- You must carry a face mask with you at all times when you leave home.
- Masks do not need to be worn in some circumstances, including children under 12 years, and to a person in a workplace unless the person cannot practice physical distancing in the workplace.
Prior to the delivery of our sessions, Ginger Sport is committed to undertaking the following preparations to facilitate the safest possible session delivery for all clients.
We are implementing both external and internal training directives, and all coaches are required to undergo this extensive training.
All our coaches have undertaken extensive training from both internal and external sources in order to provide the safest possible environment.
* Copies Available upon request
Training has been undertaken in line with the Australian Government Department of Health COVID-19 Infectious Control Training’
Additionally, all coaches have undertaken industry-specific COVID Safe Sports Coaches & Officials Certification
We have provided additional training and resources to all of our coaches, including, but not limited to, ongoing mental-health advice and further education in correct sanitisation techniques.
We’re working with families to protect everyone from the risk of exposure to COVID-19 when your child is playing with Ginger Sport. Here’s what we’re doing to make sure everyone plays safely.
BEFORE AND AFTER THE SESSION
We’re minimising group contact between sessions. If you arrive while the session before yours is still in progress, only let your child approach the group when the other children have left.
- At our Childcare Programs
We are following all guidelines and requirements of the childcare provider
- We are asking all children to wash their hands before and after each session
- We are minimising the usage of equipment
- We have suspended the distribution of stamps to participants
At our Weekly Programs
- We are limiting drop-offs to one parent or carer
- We encourage all parents and carers to stay in their car during the session where possible
- All parents and carers are instructed to remain in their car if they arrive early
- All participants, parents and carers are instructed to leave as soon as the session is over.
DURING THE SESSION
- We will be observing the 1.5m physical distancing rules in sessions wherever possible.
- Our sessions will be conducted in well ventilated outdoor locations.
- We are strictly limiting session participant numbers and conducting additional sessions to reduce the number of participants playing together.
- We have modified our activities to make sure wherever possible children stay 1.5m apart.
- We are limiting the amount of equipment that will be used during the sessions.
- Items that are not able to be adequately sanitised between sessions (such as bibs) will not be used.
Hygiene and Cleaning
We’re implementing a number of hygiene measures, including:
- Use our hand sanitiser before you play.
- Water bottles are clearly labelled & stay with parents/carers during the session.
- No high fives between coach and kids.
- Coaches sanitise their hands before and after every session.
POST SESSION HYGIENE
Ginger Sport will have available at all times for coaches to replenish as required:
- Alcohol-based hand sanitiser (in line with World Health Organisation advice, the active ingredient will be a minimum 60 per cent ethanol or 70 per cent isopropanol);
- Hospital-grade disinfectant
All coaches have been trained in, and are responsible for, following all provided training including, but not limited to:
- Correct hand-washing techniques
- How to cough and sneeze
- Correct application of hand sanitiser
- Disinfection of equipment between sessions
We are maintaining detailed records of all individuals in attendance at our sessions and keeping contact tracing details on file for all participants.
We are regularly checking our coaches for any signs of illness.
Our strict position and advice is upon any signs being reported, all coaching commitments for the individual are immediately suspended. The coach is unable to resume coaching until a NEGATIVE COVID 19 test result has been obtained AND any symptomatology is no longer being displayed.